Associate of Arts
61 credit hours
The Associate of Arts degree in Teacher Education Transfer Program will allow students to enter a Bachelor’s program leading to teacher certification in the state of New Mexico.
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Analyze and discuss educational issues, theories, and research
- Examine and evaluate effective teaching strategies and techniques, effective planning approaches, motivation strategies, and classroom management
- Observe, create and execute a lesson using current research strategies
- Evaluate students’ diversities and individual learning differences
- Demonstrate how the proper integration of technology facilitates student learning
- Analyze ones’ own qualifications and commitment to becoming a teacher
Note: GPA of 2.80 is required.
To learn more about the program requirements, click on the links below: