Associate of Applied Science
66-68 credit hours
This program is designed with a specific focus on workforce pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship training to provide students with the skills necessary to pursue a career in the industry.
Upon completion of the degree student will be able to:
- Demonstrate safety practices common to the wind industry.
- Demonstrate job hazard assessment and resolution to hazards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of climbing, rescue, and emergency medical techniques and procedures necessary for the wind industry.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively in a variety of wind-related industrial settings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of electrical equipment and operation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical equipment and operation.
- Apply safety procedures in the industrial environment including those applicable to hand & power tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge of mechanical systems of wind turbines.
- Demonstrate capability to fixed programs related to electrical circuits.
- Apply understanding of electronic controls and security of mechanical/electronic software.
To learn more about the program requirements, click on the links below