16 credit hours
To address the need for training in the construction trades industry, ENMU-hosted conversations with the Mescalero Housing authority and Lincoln County Homebuilders. Currently, ENMU-Ruidoso is working with Mescalero Apache Schools to complete an MOU to deliver courses at their high school facility. The course and certificate program will teach skills that a worker needs pre-hire (pre-apprenticeship) to be qualified for an apprenticeship, or an entry level position.
- Interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Apply construction terminology.
- Use currently available basic personal protective equipment and be able to select appropriate equipment for a given equipment.
- Identify the most common sources of occupational injury and death.
- Apply principles of job site safety.
- Practice professional behavior on the construction site.
To learn more about the program requirements, click on the links below