Certificate of Completion
32 credit hours
This certificate will provide the student with coursework in the areas of Information Technology and Health Information Technology to enable individuals to obtain entry level employment and or a pathway to higher education as a Healthcare IT Technician in a physician office or clinic setting working with an electronic health record. Upon successful completion of the IT Health Certificate students can choose to further their health care focus through completion of additional Health Information Technology courses, and their General Education Electives, to complete their Associates in Health Information Technology at one of the Institutions offering this degree. Additionally, upon completion of the IT Health Certificate, students can choose to sit for the CompTIA A+ SY0-220-801 & 802 Certification Exam, CompTIA Network+ N10-006, CompTIA Security+ SY0-401, and/or CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician – SY0-001.
Upon certificate completion students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the American health care system, medical terminology, basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes, diagnostic modalities, and treatments associated with common disease processes.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the functionality, technical infrastructure, and best- practice deployment of health care IT, including medical algorithms, electronic health records, privacy and security, and regulations.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in managing, processing, and analyzing medical data.
- Demonstrate competence sufficient to lead health IT initiatives, to conduct biomedical research, and to design, implement, and manage advanced solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct periodic audits of system security settings and discuss how to
- Improve analysis by auditing network security procedures and carry out vulnerability assessments using common tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to describe scenarios customers may call in with and provide practical solutions to quickly, efficiently and effectively resolve the customers’ issues and complaints.
To learn more about the program requirements, click on the link below: