ENMU-Ruidoso is proud to serve those who serve our country by providing military and veterans with the education and support they deserve.
In-State Tuition Rates
All full-time active duty military, veterans, National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in New Mexico and their dependents receive the New Mexico in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status.
If you’re an active duty military member, veteran or dependent, you must meet the same admission requirements and complete the same online application forms as freshmen or transfer students.
To ensure that any tuition assistance you’re eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.
Steps to Admission
- Determine which education benefits you are eligible for through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, then review the VA Education Benefits.
- Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
- Apply for admission to ENMU-Ruidoso.
- Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form found under your chapter of VA Education Benefits.
- Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
- Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to the ENMU-Ruidoso Success Emporium.
- Register for your enrollment and notify the ENMU-Ruidoso Success Emporium each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
- Complete the Education Benefits Form each semester to let the ENMU-Ruidoso Success Emporium know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
VA Payment Policy
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), this educational institution adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA. This educational institution will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
- Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
- Provide a written request to be certified;
- Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies
For more information, click here or call 575-257-2120