Military & Veteran Students

ENMU-Ruidoso is proud to serve those who serve our country by providing military and veterans with the education and support they deserve.

In-State Tuition Rates

All full-time active duty military, veterans, National Guard members, members of armed forces reserve component stations in New Mexico and their dependents receive the New Mexico in-state tuition rate regardless of actual residency status.

Admissions Process

If you’re an active duty military member, veteran or dependent, you must meet the same admission requirements and complete the same online application forms as freshmen or transfer students.

To ensure that any tuition assistance you’re eligible to receive is processed properly, you should follow the admissions steps outlined below.

Steps to Admission

  • Determine which education benefits you are eligible for through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, then review the VA Education Benefits.
  • Contact your Military Education Office (Active Duty) to find out how you can qualify for tuition assistance specific to your command.
  • Apply for admission to ENMU-Ruidoso.
  • Complete the appropriate Application for Benefits form found under your chapter of VA Education Benefits.
  • Receive a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs indicating your application is processed (could take up to 10 weeks).
  • Receive your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to ENMU-Ruidoso Student Services.
  • Register for your enrollment and notify ENMU-Ruidoso Student Services each semester to let them know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.
  • Complete the Education Benefits Form each semester to let ENMU-Ruidoso Student Services know you want to use your VA Education Benefits for the semester.

For more information, call 575-257-2120