Registration FAQ

What is registration?

Registration is your opportunity to plan your courses for next semester, meet with your advocate, and then register for classes. In order to register for classes at Eastern New Mexico University Ruidoso Branch Community College, you must first apply for admissions. If you have not applied for admissions you can apply online. Click on Apply Now.

What is drop, add or withdrawal?

A student may change his/her registration by adding and/or dropping courses or by withdrawing from a course within the deadlines set in the ENMU-Ruidoso Class Schedule. A course dropped during the appropriate period will not appear on the student’s transcript. A course withdrawal during the appropriate period will appear on the student’s transcript with a grade of “W.” Refunds will be made for withdrawals during these time periods according to the refund schedule printed in the class schedule and catalog

What is audit?

Audit. “AU” indicates that students are taking the course for no credit.

What is CRN?

A CRN is Course Registration Number. The CRN is the number used to register for courses.

What is a course load?

A full time course load is 12 through 18 credit hours during a regular semester and 6 through 10 during the summer semester. Students exceeding 18 credit hours in a regular semester or 10 in the summer semester require approval by the Success Emporium. Students who register for fewer than 12 credit hours in a regular semester or 6 credit hours in the summer are considered part-time. For Financial Aid purposes, 12 credit hours are full time for fall, spring and summer.

What are the residency requirements?

In general, a financially independent, adult person over 18 years of age must have resided in New Mexico for a period of 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the term for which the petition is being filed. Furthermore, “residency” in this context means legal “residence.” Legal residence requires intent to remain in a place indefinitely, in the sense of making one’s permanent home there, as well as physical presence at the place. The distinction is that one may have any number of residences at one time, but never more than one legal residence.

In New Mexico, for most purposes, the age of majority is 18. Persons under the age of 18 are considered minors under the law. A minor’s residence is presumed to be the same as his/her parents’ or legal guardian’s. The residence decision for students under 18 is based upon the legal residence of the parents or legal guardian. In the event that a non-custodial parent is a legal resident of New Mexico, the minor student will be classified as a resident.

What is FERPA?

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.

FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records. These rights transfer to the student when he or she reaches the age of 18 or attends a school beyond the high school level.

Where do I find information about tuition and fees?

Tuition and fees are charged according to the number of credit hours enrolled each semester. Students enrolled in courses for non-credit pay the same tuition and fees as students enrolled for credit. Click here for more information about tuition and fees or you may contact the Cashier at 575-315-1198.

How do I set up payment arrangements?

Login to MyENMU-Ruidoso to set up payment arrangements or contact the Cashier at 575-315-1198.

How do I order books for my classes?

Books and supplies can be purchased online. Visit the virtual Bookstore for more information. Students wishing to use financial aid, VA, third party pay or on-line payment plans will need to contact the Cashier at 575-315-1198. This must be done at the beginning of each semester.