Associate of Arts
61 minimum – 87 credit hours*
The Associate of Arts in Elementary/Special Education will allow students to enter a bachelor’s program leading to teacher certification in the state of New Mexico.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and discuss educational issues, theories, and research.
- Examine and evaluate effective teaching strategies and techniques, effective planning approaches, motivation strategies, and classroom management.
- Observe, create and execute a lesson using current research strategies.
- Evaluate students’ diversities and individual learning differences
Demonstrate how the proper integration of technology facilitates student learning.
- Analyze ones’ own qualifications and commitment to becoming a teacher.
Note: GPA of 2.75 is required.
*Additional hours may be required for program requirements for transfer students who are NMGEC complete.
To learn more about the program requirements, click on the links below: