Certificate of Completion
16 credit hours
The Certificate of Completion in Welding Technology is designed to equip the student with the skills and knowledge needed to enter the welding industry by providing an introduction and orientation to the welding industry and the various cutting processes used. The program is designed with multiple welding processes which may include:
- Oxyacetylene Torch Cutting and Welding (OFC/OFW)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
Upon program completion students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper weld joints and weld positions.
- Identify proper names of the parts of a weld and be able to analyze welds to determine good verses defective.
- Apply understanding of basic metal identification and metallurgy and names of common metal shapes.
Any student who is ineligible for state, national, or industry licensure or certification is ineligible for entry into this program.
WELD 110: Introduction to Welding – 4
WELD 125: Gas Metal Arc/Flux Core – 6
WELD 131: Beginning Arc I – 4
WELD 289: Internship Training – 2
Welding Technology Certificate · Certificate Pathway
Welding Technology Certificate Gainful Employment Disclosure