Admissions FAQ

What is Open Admissions?

Open admissions (sometimes called open enrollment) is a type of non-selective and non-competitive college admissions process. The only criterion for entrance is a high school diploma or a General Educational Development (GED®) certificate. ENMU-Ruidoso is an open admissions college. Anyone with a high school diploma or GED® certificate may enroll in college credit classes.

Do I need a High School Diploma or GED® to start classes at ENMU-Ruidoso?

No. Students do not need to have a high school diploma or GED® to begin taking classes at ENMU-Ruidoso. However, in order to receive a degree or certificate from ENMU-Ruidoso, students must have a high school diploma or GED® before they graduate. Students may take classes at ENMU-Ruidoso while working on their GED®. To be eligible for federal financial aid, students must have a high school diploma or GED®.

When do classes start?

ENMU-Ruidoso has three (3) semesters during the calendar year: Spring (January-May), Summer (June-August) and Fall (August-December). Refer to the Academic Calendar to see when the next semester begins.

How much do classes cost and can I get Financial Aid?

The Tuition and Fees depends on how many credit hours you take. Depending on which classes you take, there may be additional costs in the form of lab fees that you may be required to pay. Check out your balance through your MyENMU-Ruidoso login account to see exactly how much you owe for the current semester. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. The first step is to fill out the FAFSA application. If you have questions or need assistance with the process please contact the Financial Aid Advisor at 575-315-1120.

This transcript says that it is official. Why won’t the Student Success Center accept it?

For the Student Success Center to accept an official transcript, it needs to be in a sealed envelope. If the envelope has been opened, the transcript becomes unofficial. When a school gives you a copy of your transcript in a sealed envelope to give to another school, do not open it. Official transcripts should be sent directly to the college.

How many classes can I take?

An academic full time course load is 12 through 18 credit hours during a regular semester (Fall and Spring) and 6 through 10 credit hours during the Summer semester. Students exceeding 18 credit hours in a regular semester or greater than 10 credit hours in the summer require the approval of the Vice President of Student Learning and Success. Students who register for fewer than 12 credit hours in a regular semester or 6 credit hours in the summer are considered part time.

Note: Full time in the summer is 12 credit hours for financial aid purposes.

What is MyENMU-Ruidoso?

MyENMU-Ruidoso is a source that all students can use to register for classes, view their schedule, pay their bill, view their financial aid information, view their grades and transcript, and have free e-mail. This system is available any place where you have Internet access.

I am a current student at another college or university and would like to take a few classes at ENMU-Ruidoso. How can I get registered?

To take classes at ENMU-Ruidoso, you must first submit an Online Admissions Application. After you complete an admissions application, it remains active for one semester. If you do not register for classes during that semester, you must re-apply in order to attend classes the next semester. Once you have been admitted, you will receive an admissions acceptance letter. The acceptance letter will contain your Student ID Number. You will need your Student ID Number to register for classes. You can register for classes through MyENMU-Ruidoso. If you need assistance visit our Live Chat or contact the Student Success Center at 575-315-1120.

If I attend ENMU-Ruidoso, can I live on campus?

No. ENMU-Ruidoso Branch Community College does not currently own or manage any residence halls. For students attending ENMU-Ruidoso from out of town, you can contact the Chamber of Commerce for information about relocation to the area.

How do I know if the classes I have taken will transfer to ENMU?

The online resource Transfer Evaluation System (TES) helps students see how courses transfer to ENMU. You may also speak with an Academic Advocate for more information. All Students transferring out of ENMU-Ruidoso are encouraged to keep in contact with their future school to be sure that the courses they are taking at ENMU will transfer and apply to the degree they want at the transfer school.