If you are a first-time degree-seeking student, you must make an appointment with a student advocate before registering. Advocates will help you achieve your educational objectives by explaining requirements, answering questions about classes and programs, reviewing your past current and proposed coursework, guiding you in educational planning and helping you with academic and related problems.
Advocates are available by appointment or on a drop-in basis. Appointments are the best way to obtain advisement. You may make an appointment by calling the Success Emporium at 575-315-1120. Advocates are also available on a first come, first served basis.
Early College Program
Qualified junior and senior high school students may enroll in the ENMU-Ruidoso Early College Program (ECP) and earn both college and high school credit while still enrolled in high school. The following high schools participate in the ENMU-Ruidoso Early College Program: Ruidoso, Hondo, Capitan, Tularosa, Carrizozo, Corona and Cloudcroft. Students must apply and be admitted to the ECP prior to registration. For more information contact your school counselor or call ENMU-Ruidoso at 575-315-1120.
If you are a student with health or physical limitations and would like assistance with the registration process, you may contact the Success Emporium at 575-315-1120.
You may register in person at the college campus. After registering, go to the Cashier’s office to make payment arrangements and pick up your schedule. Please check your class schedule carefully. If your printed schedule is not what you requested, return to the Success Emporium to make corrections. Registration for classes is not complete until payment is received.
Online Registration is available for continuing students.
- Click “Web Registrations”
- Enter “User ID.” Type user ID, which is your 9-digit ENMU ID number or your Social Security Number. Your PIN is your six digit date of birth, in the format of month, day, and year. If your birthday is January 5, 1981, your PIN would be 010581. Click submit
- Create a new PIN number and security question and submit (only if this is your first time to Log In)
- Click on “Student & Financial Aid”
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Look for classes to Add” (if you don’t already have the CRN#). If you have the CRN#, go directly to Step 7. Remember classes with a P are in Portales; classes with a U are in Ruidoso
- Click on “Add/Drop Classes”
- Select the “Term” and click submit
- Scroll down to “Add Classes”
- Scroll down and enter “CRN” for your class choices
- Click on “Submit Changes.” Remember to print a Student Detail Schedule which will be needed to get your books. Click “Exit” in the upper right hand corner to properly exit the Registration module
- Make payment arrangements for tuition and fees with the ENMU-Ruidoso office for Ruidoso classes. For ITV/Portales, contact the Accounts Receivable Office in Portales by calling 800-537-5367
ENMU-Ruidoso Course Catalog
Copies of the ENMU-Ruidoso Course Catalog are available online. Degree plans and course descriptions are found in the ENMU-Ruidoso Catalog.
Payment and Tuition
Tuition and fees are charged according to the number of credit hours enrolled. All tuition and fee charges are subject to change without notice, upon approval of the Board of Regents.
- Mail check or money order to: Cashier, ENMU-Ruidoso, 709 Mechem Dr., Ruidoso, NM 88345
- Place check or money order in the slot in front of the Cashier’s office
- Call the Cashier at 575-315-1198 and pay by credit card. ENMU-Ruidoso accepts Discover, Master Card and Visa
- Set up a payment plan
- Pay online by logging into MyENMU-Ruidoso portal and clicking on Student Links
ENMU-Ruidoso offers a Deferred Tuition Payment Plan. For details refer to the class schedule.
Registration will be cancelled for students who have not paid their account or set up a payment plan by the start of the second week of classes.
Degree seeking students are encouraged to apply for financial aid by completing the ENMU-Ruidoso Scholarship Application and/or the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Appointments for assistance in completing the FAFSA can be made by calling ENMU-Ruidoso Success Emporium at 575-315-1120. Students applying for financial aid who have not yet been approved by the payment deadline must make other payment arrangements.
Tuition & Fees
- Institutional Fee $50.00
- Dishonored Check Fee $30.00
- Cap & Gown $15.00
- Replacement Diploma $25.00
Course additions, deletions, or changes require completion of a Drop/Add form completed and returned to the Success Emporium. Course Add/Drops may also be processed online (Self-Service Banner) through the first week of classes. Verbally notifying your instructor does not officially change your registration status. (Deadlines apply: See the class schedule for details.)
Course Changes, Cancellations and Closures:
ENMU-Ruidoso reserves the right to make changes to the published schedule or to cancel any classes which do not meet minimum enrollment requirements. Classes will be closed for enrollment when maximum class size has been reached.
Deadline to withdraw
- 16 week session, the end of the 12th week
- 8 week sessions, the end of the 4th week
Students unable to attend class or who no longer wish to attend the College must OFFICIALLY withdraw by the published deadlines (refund amounts vary depending on withdrawal dates). Withdrawal forms are available at the Success Emporium. Class withdrawals cannot be processed via online services. Verbally notifying your instructor does not officially change your registration status.
Auditing a class means you pay for and attend classes but do not receive a grade. Audited courses do not meet degree requirements and are not eligible for financial aid or VA benefits. NC (Not for Credit option) must be marked on the original registration document. Changes to registration cannot be made after the end of the drop/add period. (Deadlines apply: See the class schedule for details.)
Enrolling in more than 18 credit hours for the fall or spring semester or 8 credits in the summer semester is considered an “overload.” You must have written permission from an advocate prior to registering for more than 18 credits. Additional fees apply.
Tuition and fee refunds will be processed after the close of late registration. Refund amounts vary. The percentage and dates for each semester are published in the class schedules, available online.
Degree Application Deadline
Applications for spring graduation must be submitted by April 10. Appointments to review degree plans are required prior to the deadline. Call 575-315-1120 for an appointment.
All textbooks, whether you are a local on-campus student or a distance education student, are available for purchase through the ENMU-Ruidoso’s online bookstore. Go to the Online Bookstore or go through the MyENMU-Ruidoso Portal to order books from the comfort of your home.
Due to extreme weather conditions, classes may be cancelled. Closure information is sent to local radio stations, Albuquerque TV newscasts and recorded announcements on the campus phone line, 575-315-1120. You may also go to our web page (ruidoso.enmu.edu) or call your instructor if in doubt as to whether classes will meet.
Student Technology Support
Click this link to submit a form for technical assistance: Student Technology Support